Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Today is halloween, a not super celebrated holiday here in Sweden (at least compared to the states) but I still think it is fun! I decided to do two pairs of halloween-themed nails this year, and here you have the first ones!


My newly purchased glitter polish from Urban Outfitters W.I.P (name Hooch) felt just perfect for halloween in terms of colours. I am also a big fan of orange so this mani really tickles me, so to speak. It has been a long time since I've done a glitter gradient, so I thought that the time was here. 



This design is really pretty and super easy. It also fits great on my new nail shape. I started off with an ordinary black and then painted only the tips with the glitter polish. For the next layer I painted even further down the nail, making the coverage of the glitter to build up, the closer to the tip it came. I finished off with a quick-drying top coat as usual.

I was kind of inspired by the famous halloween-candy candy corns. I had never ever even heard of these cute sweets until some years ago. Apparently they are really popular across the Atlantic, and a must for many in this time of the year. I still haven't seen them with my own eyes but I will one day, that is now on my bucket list, haha!



Just because I love this polish so much I will show you a close-up picture. It surely is a cool polish but it is even cooler to look at up close. I love the 3D effect the different layers creates.


No comments:

Post a Comment